Finding your way to and around Mission Beach.
Cairns International Airport operates regular flights from major cities around the world however most visitors travel via a major capital city such as Sydney, Melbourne or Perth and Darwin. Mission Beach is about an hour and a half’s drive south of Cairns and there are airport transfers, bus, rail and car options available. Mission Beach is made up of four beach villages linked by 14 kilometres of wide golden beach. Once visitors arrive in Mission Beach there are several options for getting around including self drive, car hire, coaches, limousines, taxis and the water taxi.
Rent a car at Cairns Airport
- SugarLand Car Rentals Cairns 07 4052 1300 From $59 a day
Mission Beach Office 07 4068 8272 From $59 a day
- Avis 07 4042 3800 On request
- Redspot 07 4034 9052 On request
- Europcar 07 4034 9088 On request
- Budget 07 4033 9777 On request
- Hertz 07 4035 9299 On request
- Thrifty 1300 367 227 On request
Airport to Resort Direct Transfer
Castaways Resort & Spa Mission Beach 07 4068 7444
- Direct service connecting with flight arrival/departure
- Minimum 2 people, $75pp each way
- Family up to 5 persons $200 each way
- Phone the resort or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greyhound Australia $ 39.00 one way – http://www.greyhound.com.au
- Premier Motor Service $ 19.00 one way
*Prices and Timetables may vary – Travel Time: 2 hours
The nearest railway station is located in Tully (22 km inland from Mission Beach). Queensland Rail Services include the Sunlander and the Tilt Train. A taxi service (131 008) is available to transfer clients from Tully to Mission Beach – the cost is approximately $95 for a vehicle seating 4 passengers. For more information contact Queensland Rail direct (1800 872 467) or book through the Mission Beach Travel Centre.
Mission Beach Cab Service
Mission Beach Cab Service Mobile – 0429 689 366 National Taxi No: 131 008
Mission Beach Dunk Island Water Taxi
A short 10 minute ride over azure blue waters of the Coral Sea and you are visiting one of Australia’s most beautiful National Park islands; Dunk Island.
Phone: 07 4068 8310 for bookings